Claims Service Representative
Claims Service Representative
When most people search for a job, what they are looking for are opportunities to experience personal growth, support their family and maximize their potential. Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, known for its strength and character, may be the company to make these opportunities possible for you. At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, you will experience the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in peoples’ lives. On the job or participating in one of the many community activities Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance is involved in, you will know that you are making an impact on the communities we serve.
If you are interested in making a difference with a challenging, rewarding career with a leading Indiana company, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance may be the place for you. From competitive salary and benefits to rewarding work and an enjoyable environment, Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the right combination for an exciting career opportunity.
We are looking for a Claims Service Representative to support for of Life Claims Team!
We can offer you:
- A downtown location with free parking, a company cafeteria and fitness center
- Training and development opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- A collegial team focused environment
- An organization that values work/life balance
- An industry leading benefits plan including health, vision, dental, 401K,a companywide incentive plan and an Employee Community Volunteer program
- Education reimbursement plan after one year of employment
We are looking for someone that can:
- Initiate the set-up of claim files for Life and Health policies. This includes ordering of all files, updating computer systems as required, updating of spreadsheets, making printouts of system and maintaining outstanding requirements.
- Receive checks for Life, Disability, and Health Claims and verifies accuracy and mails for Claims Analysts.
- File reinsurance for life claims on a timely basis.
- Adjudicates claims for Medicare Supplement insurance policies.
- Assist in record keeping and tracking performance measures.
- Provide prompt and courteous service by taking claim reports from Agents and claimants
- Handle customer communication: Calls, mail, filing, ordering of letters and other general administrative duties as needed
Do you have:
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED equivalent?
- 2 years of clerical experience? Life insurance experience preferred, but not required.
- The ability to work under pressure with varying workloads to meet strict deadlines?
The ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory and essential? Requires incumbent to have access to confidential file information, which can include client’s personal, medical, financial, moral and protected health information. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, up to, and including termination of employment.